Thursday, September 10, 2009

Kamal Haasan infuriated with Pyramid Saimira

Just this morning, the media channels flashed news on Pyramid Saimira obtaining stay against the release of Kamal Haasan’s forthcoming film “Unnai Pol Oruvan’ slated to hit screens on September 18. According to the complaint lodged by Pyramid Saimira International Production, it was reported that Kamal Haasan had received advance amount of Rs 10.90 Crores to commence the production of 100 Cr-project “Marmayogi’. But the actor had gradually used the funds for producing his “Unnai Pol Oruvan’ (the film is jointly produced by UTV Motion Pictures and Kamal Haasan’s Raj Kamal Production).
Much dismayed with Pyramid Saimira’s gesture towards the film’s release, Kamal Haasan has addressed the media channels that he had started filming “Marmayogi’ from the time deal was signed. Regrettably, the producers couldn’t fund the project further due to financial crisis. Having lost one year in his career and an income of about Rs. 40 Crores, the actor had issued a notice to Pyramid Saimira on April 12, 2009 demanding Rs. 40Crores.
But so far, the actor hadn’t received any reply from Pyramid Saimira to the notice. Kamal Haasan further adds, “I have also caused a suit to be filed in the High Court of Madras against Pyramid Saimira. Probably, to counter my legal action against them, they have decided to go to the press on a smear campaign and they have sent me a notice making wild and false allegations. An interim Reply also has been sent to it.”
The fact remains that I have obtained a caveat against them. Neither I nor Raajkamal Films International has received any stay order from any court.
The actor stated, “I must state that irresponsible statements made or published damage my reputation and my company. I will shortly be seeking legal advice to examine the avenues open for me.”

0 comments:


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and BMW. Powered by Blogger