Monday, July 13, 2009

Namitha tired of skin shows


Actress Namitha, best known here as the sex siren, is reportedly bored of skin shows. The actress, whose ‘Indira Vizha’ opens today, says she would like to do performance oriented roles too.

“I would like to be part of interesting, acting oriented films like ‘Sadma’. But I know people here will never cast me for roles like this,” rues the actress. But she has moved out of the glamour mould in her own way, by deviating now to do an action film. The movie, titled ‘Desadrohi’ that has her playing a serious cop. “It’s such a welcome difference to do different things on screen than just grope about in a bikini. People who saw my stunts actually thought I was the second version of Vijayashanthi in doing them.”

Following these, the actress is doing the lead role in ‘Jagan Mohini’ too, in which she plays a ghost. “Just because I am famous as a sex siren, it doesn’t mean that I have to wear a bikini all the time. I equally love wearing kurthas,” says the actress. Are the directors listening?

0 comments:


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and BMW. Powered by Blogger